Oral health is very important as it helps to maintain a healthy mouth and overall good dental hygiene. A majority of oral health problems can be avoided by eating a nutritious diet, practicing proper dental hygiene, and seeking treatment early.
Why Is Oral Health Important?
Oral health is beyond a beautiful smile and clean teeth. The health of an individual’s teeth affects one’s overall health.
Your mouth acts as an entry point to the body. Poor oral health can contribute to various diseases like cardiovascular diseases, pneumonia, and birth-related complications.
Gingivitis, oral thrush, and mouth ulcers can all be avoided with proper dental care.
Need for Good Oral Hygiene
Gum disease and tooth decay can affect your speech and ability to chew, as well as produce bad breath. The American Heart Association claims that there is a strong correlation between heart disease and gum disease.
Keeping our teeth clean and healthy might assist us in avoiding foul breath (halitosis). Bad breath is fairly prevalent and is frequently caused by plaque accumulation. It is also an indication of gum disease and tooth decay, as well as being humiliating and unappealing.
Tips to Improve Your Oral Health
- Use fluoridated toothpaste– Fluoride toothpaste is recommended by the American Dental Association. Fluoride protects your enamel, which helps to prevent tooth decay or cavities.
- Floss before brushing– There are little gaps between your teeth that your toothbrush cannot reach. Flossing aids in the removal of food particles that have become lodged there. Brushing after flossing will remove food remains and germs.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months since bristles wear out and lose their effectiveness over time.
- Use the proper toothpaste – There are several types of toothpaste available in the market. Consult your dentist for the best treatment option for your tooth.
- Schedule visits with your dentist in Concord CA – At least once every six months, visit your dentist. Regular dental visits can help avoid any tooth-related ailments.
Oral Health Care at Julita S Patil DDS Inc.
To know more about oral health do visit our dental practice. Along with maintaining healthy dental practices, make it a point to visit your dentist once every six months for a comprehensive oral examination.
Julita S. Patil, DDS Inc. provides specialized dental care to our patients by utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
For virtual dental examinations via your smartphone or computer and comprehensive dental care, visit Julita S Patil DDS Inc at 2991 Treat Blvd Suite A, Concord, CA 94518. Call us at (925) 689-2585 for appointments.