If you have always wanted an aesthetically pleasing look on your face but deformities in your teeth are keeping you from having it, cosmetic dentistry is the right approach for you. It helps to treat misaligned, crooked, and gapped teeth through several treatment therapies. It is composed of various restorative treatments for the teeth that also help to enhance the confidence of the person.
Types of Cosmetic dentistry treatments.
There are various types of treatments that come under cosmetic dentistry, like the following:
- Dental veneers:They are wafer-thin shells that are customized to mimic the shape of the teeth. It helps to hide cracked and stained teeth. Around 0.5mm of the enamel on the teeth surface is removed to help fix the veneer onto the teeth. They help to fix deformities on the eight teeth at the front of the mouth specifically.
- Dental crowns:They are dental caps that help to hide the deformities on the tooth. Crowns are made from various materials like metal, resin, and ceramic. They are customized to match the color and length of the natural teeth of the patient. It also provides a natural look to the teeth.
- Dental bonding:It is a treatment that helps to fix cracks and chips on the tooth. Tooth-colored resin is applied to the tooth and hardened with the help of laser light. It also helps to reduce the gaps between the teeth. It is a treatment that is best for fixing small imperfections on the tooth.
- Teeth Whitening:Yellowish discoloration and stains on the teeth can be removed through in-office professional teeth whitening. Bleaching agents are applied to the teeth under the supervision of the dentist in Concord CA for a specified time.
The shade of whiteness can be chosen by the patients. The results of the treatment can be attained in a short time.
The Advantages of Cosmetic Dentistry
- It helps to improve the overall functioning of the teeth and promotes good dental health.
- It increases the confidence and self-esteem of people as the treatment enhances appearance.
- The treatment helps to avoid crossbites and overbites which can cause infections in the mouth.
- It removes the gaps between the teeth and gives it an appealing look.
Cosmetic dentistry provides positive transformations to people. Julita S. Patil, DDS Inc., located in Concord, CA, provides regular dental checkups. Call (925) 689-2585 and book an appointment with expert dentists for oral treatments.